DSM Science & Technology Award
19 March, 2013
As a science-based company, DSM is deeply committed towards innovative research that leads to products and solutions that enhance people's quality of life. Through our Bright Science Awards program, we recognize and reward exceptional achievements in science, both by our own employees and by talents working outside DSM.
DSM has a long tradition - more than 25 years - of granting awards for excellence in PhD research. We consider it a privilege to honor young researchers who are setting the stage for tomorrow's science and the innovations that the world will need in the future.
The DSM Science & Technology Award seeks to recognize and reward outstanding young researchers (PhD students and those who have recently obtained their PhD) for innovative research with clear application potential. The award is granted in three different regions: Europe, Americas and Asia. In each of the three regions, the award event will be linked to a major conference around a scientific field that is of interest to DSM.
For Europe 2013, the chosen field is Chemical Engineering and Applied Biotechnology. The theme of the award is “Shaping Sustainable Manufacturing”.
From the total number of nominations received, four candidates have been selected for the final judging round. These four candidates are invited to present their research in a short lecture during a special DSM – ECCE/ECAB Symposium to be held at the ECCE9/ECAB2 congress in The Hague, Netherlands on April 22nd, 2013. A judging committee of leading scientists will select the winner.
The award will be presented during the plenary session of the ECCE9/ECAB2 congress on April 23rd, 2013 by Marcel Wubbolts, CTO of DSM.
The winner will receive a cash prize of EUR 5,000 and each of the three runners-up will receive a cash prize of EUR 1,000.
- 3 May, 2013Sponsors ECCE9 - ECAB2
- 26 April, 2013All congress photos now online
- 25 April, 2013Abstracts can still be viewed
- 25 April, 2013Special Journal Issues- Submit your Paper (up to 3 months after the congress)
- 24 April, 2013Seekers & Solvers Drawings
- 24 April, 2013Compilation Videos
- 18 April, 2013Download the Congress App now!
- 10 April, 2013APP
- 8 April, 2013Innovation Track
- 4 April, 2013Grand Opening
- 21 March, 2013Hoogewerff Jongerenprijs 2013
- 19 March, 2013DSM Science & Technology Award
- 28 February, 2013Enrol late abstracts now
- 26 February, 2013The Hague: proud host of ECCE9 / ECAB2
- 7 February, 2013Danckwerts lecture by Prof. Sharon Glotzer
- 4 February, 2013Innovation track
- 4 February, 2013Keynote speakers at ECCE9 / ECAB2 congress
- 29 January, 2013Grand opening congress
- 28 January, 2013Process Intensification Award for Industrial Innovation
- 10 December, 2012Plenary speakers
- 5 September, 2012Call for Nominations
- 3 September, 2012Student challenge!
- 1 June, 2012Special Journal Issues
- 1 June, 2012Call for Abstracts
- Photos Monday are online